Senior Software Developer in Quality
Do you have strong problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a small, highly collaborative team environment? Do you have the desire to produce a world-class SaaS platform that customers love to use? Envysion’s SaaS platform integrates video, audio and data to provide powerful insights to help any business track performance, coach employees and improve profit.
Our Senior Software Developer in Quality position works within our development teams to strengthen the design, usability, testability and deploy-ability of our full product environment.
In this role you are an integral member of our software development team and your product is our automation framework.
You will be responsible for driving our automation test strategy and working with developers to make it a reality. This position focuses on all aspects of our platform from low-level product code, higher-level services and user-centric web/mobile interfaces.
What you’ll do:
- Set strategic test automation direction and delivering to that vision
- Develop the underlying infrastructure and tools to manage, execute and report on quality
- Work collaboratively with developers to build, maintain and execute tests
- Assist developers in isolating issues, determining the cause of the failure and identifying resolution
- Implement and maintain test harnesses and dashboards to provide rapid feedback
- Provide test status and detailed test reports; report and track defects
- In partnership with developers:
- Create test plans and test strategies
- Design and perform highly structured manual and automated tests
Who you are:
- Self-driven, a proven innovator, and comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile/Lean environment
- Experience in both software development and quality engineering.
- Experience with complex software applications
- Key technology experience in areas such as Java, PHP, Python, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, MySQL
- Knowledge of change management tools (Subversion, Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (OpenSource or commercially available such as Bamboo or Jenkins)
- Experience with established test harnesses and testing methodologies (Behavior Driven Development, Selenium, SoapUI), though we are always open to new solutions.
- Experience with unit, integration and regression test strategies
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to debug complex software scenarios
- Experience working with Linux or Unix
- Experience working a full web application stack on a SaaS platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to track multiple active projects
- BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Innovation: Using creativity to find useful and practical solutions to problems
- Results Driven: Executing consistently, as a team to produce measurable results
- Empowering: Providing individuals with context and freedom to act and make decisions
- Owners: Acting responsibly, with integrity; driving value and taking pride in all we do.
- Fun! Laughing together, thriving together
Our office is in Louisville right off the McCaslin/36 exit behind Starbucks.
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.