In today’s world, smartphones have become the norm. With a mobile device, you can check your email, watch podcasts, even join a video call all from your phone. Your phone can be your eyes and ears when you’re not at your convenience store (c-store).
As a business owner, it’s impossible to be everywhere at once. Using a managed video solution mobile app gives you complete visibility into all your locations.
Convenience Store Business Has Changed
With employee shortages, hygiene requirements, and increased curbside orders, businesses today are finding that the old operational rules don’t work. C-Stores are no exception and are still recovering after almost two years of intermittent shutdowns. Store managers and owners must discover a better way to succeed in this new business climate. Using smartphone technology is a good place to start.
Do More with Less: Your Mobile Device
Many c-stores are navigating the dual impact of fewer employees and increased curbside business, in additio
n to walk-in customers. How can you serve in-person customers as well as remote customers with fewer employees?
You need to rely on technology to supplement the gaps in staff. Your video security system can be your eyes and ears in the store. How? Consider a cloud-based, mobile-friendly video security solution for these three reasons:
1) Cloud-based security systems have unmatched storage and quality of video options. Additionally, this kind of system will consequently provide more clear footage for your review and training purposes.
2) Flexible set up and use – you select the storage plan and digital quality required based on your specific needs. With a managed video security solution, you should have the power to:
- Support many users who can view by laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc. This creates better communication across your business and between staff accordingly.
- Access live feeds or recorded segments. Managed video surveillance systems have the option to share selected clips with management or staff.
- Watch several camera views at once for the highest visibility of interactions in your C-Store.
3) There is no added equipment expense, no maintenance, and a low possibility of damage to the system.
These features are beneficial for multiple locations for managers and owners who can’t be at each location simultaneously.
Keeping these tips in mind will help you make an informed decision and improve the daily operation of your c-store.
Use Mobile Viewing as Training Opportunities
“Employee tracking using a security system isn’t limited to recording theft alone. Using the right equipment will let you know what your employees do.” (Mobile Video Guard)
Send video clips of suspected staff theft or misconduct directly to the convenience store staff involved. This can either serve as a warning of possible dismissal or be a training opportunity for skill improvement.
Share positive staff/customer interactions as a video training tool for new employees or as an important reminder to experienced staff. When employees realize that video captures their behavior, they will most likely improve their performance. They will also think twice about theft or other unacceptable behavior.
Choose your Video Security System Wisely
To get the best product for your money, look for fully integrated video security systems like Envysion’s Video Security Mobile App. This solution offers cloud-based storage of your security video. Additionally, it includes easy playback, share, and analytic tools available on-site or via mobile device to stay on top of your store’s security.
As convenience store owners juggle shortage of employees and added complexity to their operations, managed video solutions can be a consistent tool that is always working on their behalf.